Friday, August 3, 2012

The Anniversary

A year ago, I boarded a plane in Boston, leaving my family, friends, and country behind. I have learned a lot in this past year, including how much my family, friends, and country mean to me.

In the last year, I have:
  • crossed the Atlantic Ocean
  • swam in the Arabian Gulf
  • held a falcon
  • ridden a camel
  • dune bashed
  • attended camel races
  • visited the Grand Mosque
  • attended the Volvo Ocean race events
  • swam in outdoor pools throughout the year (I'm from NH, this is huge!)
  • visited a waterpark in March
  • visited the tallest building in the world
  • paddleboarded in Abu Dhabi
  • visited more malls than I could ever imagine
  • learned some Arabic
  • went skiing at Ski Dubai
  • visited Atlantis at the Palm Jumeriah
  • traveled to Turkey
  • visited the remains of the city of Troy
  • lived in a five star hotel for a month
  • had henna
  • made friends that I will never forget
  • and so much more....

    This new year already holds some promising new things, where our family will expand by a new addition in a couple months, a new school, homeschooling, and a new family compound to live in. We are also beginning to prepare for our repatriation to the US next summer. It will be a good year. Maybe I'll finally cross the Mississippi River too. ;)



1 comment:

Liti said...

hoping your list keeps growing and growing. Life is really only a series of lists, isn't it? And WE get to write those lists! Amazing..