Saturday, January 5, 2013

Back to school

Tomorrow, I go back to work. It has been a nice extended maternity leave (it ran into the December vacation), but I still haven't finished Zofia's paperwork. The process changed at the end of November, and required an extra step. By the time I received the now required approval to apply for her visa, her required medical card had expired. So, now I must wait to receive her new card with our new insurer to finish the process. Craziness, but typical.
 I had a lovely lunch with one of my favorite co-workers, who eased my mind about all the back to school planning I really didn't do. I've been so busy spending time getting used to being a family of four and celebrating holidays - and trying to catch up on sleep....  I work with a great team, and thanks to their efforts, I should be back in the groove fairly quickly, albeit while getting to know my new students. I don't know my schedule yet, but I'm happy that I will be on nursing hours so I can spend more time with the baby.
Right now, I'm going to go back to cuddling her because tomorrow at this time, I'm probably going to be with a room full of students, missing her.

No comments: