Saturday, January 12, 2013

Where's the snooze button?

I'm now teaching grade 12. It is a different pressure due to my students' exams mattering more than their ECART and the number of exams increasing. Luckily, I work with an awesome grade level team and they did a lot of this term's planning while I was being a full time mom.

It is weird to come into a class mid year because you feel a bit like a sub and it is a harder time to build rapport with your classes. I think it is because they've already established class norms and now I'm tasked with changing them to fit my expectations on how the class should function or adapting my management style to align with their expectations. Add to this the stress of formal observations and you'll understand why I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment. And I'm sure it has nothing to do with leaving my baby all day either....

Zofia & Rob are working on developing new routines, and Belle is working hard on her homeschool curriculum. We are all adjusting to an alarm clock and this weekend went very fast.



No comments: